Intro to the Piano for the Visually Impaired
If you are new to the piano this is the course you want to start with. This course is suitable for students ages 11 and up.
In this all-audio beginning course you will learn:
- The names of the notes, on the piano including the Sharps & Flats
- The C and G Scales and Cadences
- The Pop/Rock Pattern used to accompany singers
- Songs including “Merrily We Roll Along,” “The Rose” in a contemporary style, and “Minuet in G” by Bach in a Classical style.
- Included is the Piano by Ear lesson on “The Theme from Love Story.”
Once you have finished this course you can move on to “Piano Course 2 for the Visually Impaired” (see below) or start using other Piano by Ear song lessons to increase your repertoire. All of the Piano by Ear song lessons can be found at Piano By Ear. You can also download the latest Piano by Ear in an all-audio format HERE
To order use the links below or call 1-888-778-1828
Piano Course 2 for the Visually Impaired
In this sequel to “Intro to the Piano for the Visually Impaired” you will learn:
- The Scales and Cadences for the keys of D, A, E, F, B and Bb
- How to build major and minor scales and chords
- 4 new songs in 4 new keys in two different levels
- The principles of playing the piano by ear!
The goal of this course is to not only teach you more songs and keys but to teach you how to apply this information to figuring out songs that you are hearing. What better goal could there be for a course for those who don’t or can’t use print music! Also included is the Piano by Ear song lesson “My Heart Will Go On” from the movie Titanic.
Get both “Intro to the Piano” and “Piano Course 2” for only $69.00! You save $9.00.
Piano by Ear Homepage (Over 300 songs taught completely “by ear!”)